Thursday, June 11, 2009

Morning Walk - Thankar Bachan - Some Questions?

It's 8:08 am in our room's system... Jus now I completed my morning walk(not a regular one) and felt relaxed at the body level(certainly not at mind level), but I was put into to test of self-thinking once again, when I met the ace director and one who takes cinema, which you can easily relate yourselves towards your life...

He is Thankar Bachan(our very own Bachan of Kollywood!). "AZHAGI" a movie, every one must have experienced and seen as a self replica of his life on screen.... I have to mention about the songs, they were par with Maestro Ilayaraja's yesteryear hits...

Coming back...When I was about to take a turn during my walk from Defence colony road from Ambal Nagar, I met him, who was descending from a Maruti 800!

I was excited and kept him a Salaam, he responded back, when I went near to have a chat with him, I was blown off by his initial few words...

"Will you hear only cinema sings?" (I was wearing my earphones connected to my Nokia 2310 phone, where the RJ's were doing their morning job.)

"No sir! Jus FM". He didn't leave me.... "Don't become a fool by hearing cinema songs!". I should say he is really very much upset with Cinema (or he shows to the outer world as such!)

When I further asked about his forthcoming movie, 'Kalavadiya Pozhuthugal', he again shot back, "Ask me something other than Cinema", he also added, "Come are you ready to talk about other topics, which I'm ready to discus with you"

I refused and said that "I'm not a ardent reader of books, so I could not", I knew that he will be interested If I were to talk about books, he Himself is a well known writer...

Now my Q's to Thankar Bachan ji!

*) Why such a hate towards Films and Songs?

- You can ask to concentrate and divert interests towards other fields and not hate films & songs....

After all, If not you, who wants to make a living with film, How about the status of others who get involved with film making.....

On the whole, A nice (?) morning to me....

Tidbit: I must have answered as "I'm listening to songs from 'Azhagi'", when he asked what I was hearing... I'm not sure what he might have replied....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ummm.., Paarra intha payyanukulleyum etho irunthurukku! ithu ennaku theriyama poche assa ssa soooo oooo!