Friday, January 9, 2009

Krazy kiya mein… Oh Krazy@#^*($(%* Krazy kiya mein – II

Before reading... one small request please go back to Doordarshan age(1990's)

One fine evening, all our family members were watching "Oliyum OLiyum". I was also
interested in watching the weekly 1/2 hr program(the one and only), which brings you songs from the latest(?) movies, I even had more interest in doing some (non) sensible things.

I always wondered, how our kerosene stove worked. We had an old type of kerosene pump stove, where a kerosene tank of app. 2 liters capacity will be hanging in the wall, which is connected to the stove thru a see-thru plastic hose. Once we open the valve of the stove the kerosene gushes out of the nozzle and it has to be lighted with match stick, once ignited the adjacent lever has to be pumped out to create high pressure for burning ("Hey jus stop it .... Is it a Rocket Science... that You are trying to explain…Just go on and say what the hell you did..." – Yes I can read minds)

Coming back, what i used to think whenever I watch the stove burns is, whether the stove gets lighted, only because of the match we keep or is it like some fire coming from the overhead tank. As, I could not reach the top of the tank, I targeted the hose, I lighted a match and kept it in the hose, that's it, it was burning (Have you heard of anyone setting fire to his own house)

Every one out there were busy watching TV, here I was busy with extinguishing the fire with a small vessel ("Sombu") of water (That's what I was able to carry or may be I might have thought not to disturb others by carrying large volume of water). I tried my best, the count reached some 4 or 5, it was burning brightly and vigorously, whenever I poured water over it... Though I had fear, I wanted to put it off by myself.

After a while, my Chiththi looked for my absence and came in, I know, every one can predict what happened after this.

The beauty (?) is we had two cylinders in our kitchen, within a few feet away, also we were staying in a tiled house, luckily we had a open ground in front of our house, which was used wisely by our Father and Chiththappa’s (Father's 3 brothers), to put the cylinders.

But what I liked (?) is one of the neighbors, who said, he might become scientist or research scholar one day (This is to prove that no one can predict the future - or say correctly)

What else!!!!!!!!, I'm trying to brush my brain and get more from my great younger day memories...wait and read...

No comments: