Sunday, January 18, 2009

32nd Chennai Book Fair, 2009

Something somewhere has gone terribly wrong in me, this has made to look over books as an alternative to spend my time(whenever it is possible). I'm an avid reader of Newspapers....One thing in good about reading is something is getting fed into you despite your like or dislike.

Book fairs were not new to me (read as 'WE') (NTS-guys - Neyveli Town Ship). Every year we have it in our home town, the numbers prove that we get the sales count of books to increase by some percent similar to our Power generation in MW's.

As the word Friend never has an end... My friend didn't turn up that Saturday evening...Never mind...

I love to travel my MTC during off-peak hours, you can't love Chennai better than this...Get a window seat, enjoy the film posters, Roadside Juliets('Romeos' who are they?), overtaking buses(u really get a chance to look into a girls face at the window side, whenever a bus waits for the signal - technically speaking 'Sight seeing')

I entered the book fair at St George school, Aminjakarai for the 3rd time(Last year's Book fair and AR Rahman live in concert). I don't know, how they identify guys like me... a Communist group forced me a small book in my hands and asked for 5 Rs., I thought the book to be free and they ask for some donations. (Actually the price of it is 5, later when I moved a bit, they were seriously discussing whether they could finish the remaining ones - U call this as novel way to sell books or you are getting cheated or ........)

There were more than 500 stalls.....Though I loved to visit all the stalls, Fashion and Fictions were my head turners....... I never minded stalls pertaining to Religious deeds.

The books with sarcastic title was by Neeya Naana fame Gopinath's "Please don't buy this book!", I personally didn't like it.....

I wished to buy The Autobiography of a Sex Worker by Nalini Jameela. But somehow got out of it. Really her profile was astounding.

A Biography about CHE GUVERA in tamil, Chetan Bhagat's One night @ the call centre and an Office Management book(hoping to manage some thing in future) were the 3 books I bought(of course a forcibly bought on Separatism book by Communist friends).

Will return later with something quite interesting(Who said we are following your blog regularly...scribble whatever you like......anonymous)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your way of expressing your thoughts is so wonderful...

I too fond of reading, but absolutely restricted myself a lot to cricket(even in reading..)

Reading your blogs is quite interesting..

Keep it up..


Note: feeded is not the right word.. FED should be..(thought of fine tuning you.. Again my basic Instinct.. Commenting you for both good and bad..)

Senthilkumar Chellaiyya said...

Hi Aravindh,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion, I have corrected the same.

Alin said...

way to go! keep it up!