Sunday, May 25, 2008

The Costly Purse...

My Father and my self were in the Apollo Hospitals (Greams road) for his master health-check up (it was mandatory for employees working in NLC to have their health check-up to be done on a periodic basis).

After all the tests, we were waiting for the reports, in the mean time, we had our brunch at the cafeteria itself. While I was about to pay the bill, my father got notice of my purse (the own which I bought after joining "Anjana software" costing around 350 Rs, before one year) and he got strike of something and he took it from his pocket and showed me a Black leather purse and said to me that, "hey senthil, I bought this today at the Guindy platform, After a long bargain I got this for 75 Rs, It's too costly da".

He never asked me about my Purse, when I bought that, he never ever asked about it's price"

I really felt ashamed at that moment and felt how selfish I was, I had never thought of presenting him, which would be more uselful to him.

What I try to mean here is "If 75 Rs seems too costly to him, then what about the few thousands we (hope I can use "WE" here) spend just like that, when we hang out with our friends".

Looking for the right opportunity to present him a really "COSTLY" gift in the near futute.

No comments: