Friday, May 2, 2008

BLESSED ARE THOSE...

"Blessed are those
Who Donate Blood
But, Only if it is a
SAFE BLOOD"


These were the exact wordings of a poster, found in the walls of the APOLLO HOSPITALS, in Greams Road, Chennai. My eyes were going through these words, when I was lying on the bed and donating blood to one of my friends relative on 25th April 2008 morning 10:45 AM.
I'm not here to preach others or boast my self about donating blood. I dont know, how I got this habit of donating blood to others. Till day I have done it for nearly 6 times.
I can still remember the day, when I was doing my third year Engineering at Arunai Engineering College. Tiruvannamalai. I went for the Blood Donation conducted by "DHANVANDRI BLOOD BANK & RESEARCH CENTRE" t-nagar, Chennai-17, conducted in our college campus. All my friends teased me as usual by seeing my physique ( I was just 51.5 Kgs) the doctor warned me and threatened me, that he would not allow me. But, I never let my self down (i still dont know, whether I volunteered to donate or to escape from my friends teasers). I compelled the doctor to
take it from me...and I assured him that i, got the guts to with stand the outcome.

My urge to start this blog was purely, based on a really nice human being, to whom I'm thankful at this moment.
I hope to make this blog a better place, for every one who visits it. I would also love to have your comments and opinions to improvise the blog.

With love,
Senthilkumar Chellaiyya.

NOTE: I'm ready to donate blood, whenever (it is medically possibly by me). Please find the below mail for further details about me.
===========================================================================
Thanks for the blood donation
drrema_m
Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 5:58 PM
To: csenthil.11@gmail.com
Dear Mr. Senthil

Thank you for donating blood at our blood bank on 25/04/2008.

Your kind gesture is appreciated.

Your blood reports are as follows:

Hemoglobin 15.6 g%
(12.5 to 18g%)

Blood group O Positive


Infectious Disease Screening

(Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, HIV Negative

Malaria, Syphilis)

Looking forward to your next donation at our blood bank 3

months later.

Please acknowledge receipt of this mail


Thanks

With warm regards
Dr Rema Menon

No comments: